Relevant Practice Areas
- e: firstname.lastname@example.org
- t: 416-597-5017
- toll free: 1-877-597-9922
- f: 416-597-3370
Jennifer Stam is Counsel in the Restructuring & Insolvency Group. She practices in the areas of commercial insolvency, corporate restructuring, corporate law, bankruptcy and financial services.
Jennifer has been involved in significant Canadian, cross-border and transnational commercial, insolvency and restructuring matters. Her experience includes recapitalizations, acquisitions, commercial financing transactions, receivership proceedings, and corporate and insolvency restructurings. Her roles include acting as counsel for debtors, secured and unsecured lenders and bondholders, and monitors. Jennifer has acted for key parties in several complex matters including, among others, company counsel to Nortel Networks and monitor counsel in Sino-Forest.
Jennifer regularly publishes and speaks in this area of law. She is on the board of directors of the Toronto chapter of the Turnaround Management Association and an active member of the Insolvency Institute of Canada and INSOL International.
Jennifer joined GSNH LLP after practicing as a Partner at a leading national law firm.
- Restructuring & Insolvency
Industry experience includes:
- Financial institutions & Financial services
- Real estate
- Property development
Representative Legal Matters:
- Nortel Networks, as Canadian counsel to the company in connection with its filing under the CCAA, the filing of its U.S. subsidiaries under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code, and the filing of other subsidiaries under administration in the U.K. pursuant to the Insolvency Act 1986
- Ernst & Young Inc., monitor in the CCAA proceedings of Armtec Infrastructure Inc.
- Colt Defense LLC, in its proceedings under Part IV of the CCAA
- Allied Systems (Canada) Company, in its proceedings under Part IV of the CCAA
- FTI Consulting Canada Inc., monitor of Sino-Forest Corporation in its CCAA proceedings
Jennifer has been consistently identified as a leading practitioner of insolvency and restructuring law by several legal publications including Chambers Canada 2017, Chambers Global 2017, The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2017, and the Lexpert 2016 Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada.
Professional Associations & Memberships:
Insolvency Institute of Canada
Turnaround Management Association – Toronto Chapter
Canadian Bar Association
- University of British Columbia, B.A. (Hons.), LL.B.
Year of Call
- Ontario, 2002